Lucky Duck

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Back to school time!

So it looks like I'm going back to school. Everyone in my life seems to be incredibly excited about this. I, however, am not. Well I shouldn't say I'm not excited. I'm just really anxious. It's been five years since I was in a classroom. I'm SO nervous. People who know me would probably laugh if they read this but I'm a shy person. At least when I first meet people, I tend to be withdrawn and quiet. Now don't get me wrong, after a little while of being around new people I'll probably be the loudest person in the room. I am just terrified that the professor is going to make us go around the room and introduce ourselves. And the thought of speaking out loud in front of a group of people I don't know makes me want to dig a hole and hide! I get SO nervous my voice shakes!

I'll never forget way back in the day when I was still on the road to becoming a kindergarten teacher (scary thought) I had to take a class at UA that if I remember correctly was entitled "Introducing Music in the Classroom". I thought wow that sounds like fun we'll learn all kinds of fun songs like Old MacDonald and stuff. And of course the class was required so I didn't have much of a choice. So on the first day I walk in and notice it's going to be a little different. We didn't have desks to sit at, we had keyboards. So I'm already feeling a little uneasy thinking, hmm not sure this is what I signed up for. Well the uneasiness only intensifies when the teacher tells us that not only will we go around the room and introduce ourselves we will go around the room and SING OUR SCALES! Are you kidding me! My voice shook and warbled, oh ya'll it was horrid! I mean I would think nothing of busting out in song in a classroom full of 6 year olds, but in a room of my peers, umm no thanks! Check please! Needless to say that's one of those classes on my UA transcript that has a big fat W beside it for withdrawn!

But now I'm going to try again. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up but I'm sure any degree I get will require some form of a science class. So I signed up for Human Biology. I REALLY hope that doesn't require cutting anything up! I start next week--wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home